Rich Cunningham formed Happy Days Records in 1995, releasing debut records by Hot Water Music and Ink & Dagger, as well as titles by Endeavor, Times Up, and Human Remains. In 2000 he formed New Labor, an alternative model of worker organization that combines new and existing strategies to improve working conditions and provide a voice for low-wage, young, immigrant workers in central New Jersey. In 2005 Rich was diagnosed with cancer and recently his battle has taken a turn for the worse.
Chunksaah Records and The Bouncing Souls will be auctioning off rare records, vinyl test pressing, limited poster prints, Bouncing Souls tickets, and anything else we think will help raise money for our friend.
Additionally, Chunksaah Records is an active sponsor of the Hub City Hardcore Fest (featuring Degenerics, Psyched To Die, The Measure, Static Radio NJ, Detournement, Torchbearer, and many many others) taking place in New Brunswick, NJ the weekend of August 14-16 with proceeds going to help Rich and the Cunningham family. Please visit www.chunksaah.com for a list of Bouncing Souls / Chunksaah charity auctions, weekend passes for the Hub City Hardcore Fest, as well as more information about Rich Cunningham.
AUCTION ITEMS (more being added later)
• Bouncing Souls “What Doesn’t Kill Us Makes Us Stronger” Demo Cassette
• Bouncing Souls “Ugly Bill” 7″ w/ insert and original “master copy” handwritten lyrics/credits for promo pack with original press photo (Complex Records – 1991 – out of print)
• Bouncing Souls 20th Anniversary 7″ Series Vol. 1, 2, 3 & 4 – TEST PRESSINGS (out of 5 each)
• Bouncing Souls 20th Anniversary 7″ Series Vol. 3 – REJECTED TEST PRESSING (missing “locked groove” on side b – out of 5)
• Strike Anywhere “To Live In Discontent” LP – TEST PRESSING (out of 5) & 12″ PICTURE DISC
• The Loved Ones 10″ Set – TEST PRESS (out of 5), WHITE VERSION (out of 20), GREEN VERSIONS (1st press), PINK VERSIONS (2nd press), and BLUE VERSIONS (3rd press)
• World/Inferno F.S. “Addicted to Bad Ideas” – TEST PRESSING (out of 10) and LP
• Detournement “Screaming Response” – TEST PRESSING (out of 5) and BLACK VERSION (out of 100)
• Bouncing Souls / Weston split 7″ (Glue Records – 1994 – out of print)
• The Ratchets – “Glory Bound” gatefold LP (out of 500) & Red Square 7″ (out of 100)
Soul Rebel Records, in conjunction with Chunksaah Records, presents…
HUBCITYHARDCORE FEST II:
3 Days of New Brunswick Punk Rock Mayhem!
Weekend pass and FREE raffle ticket for $13 available at www.chunksaah.com/store
Friday Aug 14 – Death Valley – 6pm
Psyched To Die (Record Release)
The Measure (SA)
Static Radio NJ
Saturday Aug 15 – Death City – 6pm
The Match and The Moth (Reunion)
Mirror and Wires
Saturday Aug 15 – (A)merica – 7pm
The State (MI – early 80s hardcore legends)
Positive Noise (MI)
Crucial Call (CA)
Thrashington DC (France)
Sunday Aug 16 – Camp Anawanna – 3pm
Raffle/giveaway from HCHC sponsors. Complimentary HCHC Scene Report Zine.
Lend your support and come out, as proceeds from these shows will go towards helping out long time HCHC friend, Rich Cunningham, and his cancer foundation.
Sponsored by: Soul Rebel Records, Chunksaah Records, Psychic Volt Records, Devildance Records, Curmudgeon Record Store, Another Tattoo Shop, Don Giovanni Records, and Black & Red Eye
For more information, visit www.chunksaah.com