The Revival Tour is about to begin, but you can enjoy some of the array of musicians that were on the tour last year with a 2 disc compilation now available on TenFour Records. You can get the album now digitally, or on CD through the Revival Tour store, or you can get the album when you see one of the shows this year. It will also be available in retail outlets in May 2013.
In the six years since its inception, The Revival Tour has hosted a veritable collection of songwriters and musicians from the folk, rock, bluegrass, cajun and indie music corners of the world. Original compositions of the Revival performers from the 2012 U.S., UK and European tours have been mastered by Christopher Thorn (Blind Melon) at Fireside Studios in Silverlake, CA and compiled on a 33 song, two CD set called THE REVIVAL TOUR – 2012 COLLECTIONS on TenFour Records. It is available now digitally or physically at The Revival Tour store, digitally on iTunes, or on the tour. It will also be available in retail outlets in May 2013.
Loosely structured in the form of old-fashioned folk music get-togethers, old soul revues or songwriter showcases, The Revival Tour is an ensemble collective in which the participating musicians collaborate frequently creating unique and inspired once-in-a-lifetime moments of brilliance – often multiple times in a single night. The experience has been so enriching for many that they have participated multiple times to relive the experience. The Revival Tour – 2012 Collections is a compilation of tracks from many of these artists including Dave Hause, Rocky Votolato, The Parkington Sisters, Tim Barry, Brian McGee, Craig Finn of The Hold Steady, Canada’s Matt Goud of Northcote and Tim McIlrath of Rise Against while also including exclusive unreleased tracks by Dan Andriano of The Alkaline Trio, Anthony da Costa and more.
Conceptualized in 2005 and coming to fruition in 2008 with the inaugural lineup of Tim Barry (Avail), Ben Nichols (Lucero), Chuck Ragan and a cast of revolving guests, the tour spanned 57 days playing a total of mind-numbing 52 shows. 2009 found Revival across the U,S, with over 24 different artists including Anderson Family Bluegrass, Jim Ward, Audra Mae, Frank Turner and more. 2010 saw The Revival Tour across Australia with the likes of Frank Turner, Tim Barry, Ben Nichols, Ragan, Jen Buxton, Jamie Hay and Darren Gibson followed by a one off performance in Las Vegas with a wide cast of artists from members of Flogging Molly including Nathan Maxwell, Bob Schmidt and Matt Hensley and members of Lucero, Lagwagon and the Adolescents. In 2011, Revival crossed the Atlantic and darted across UK, Ireland, and Europe, playing mostly sold out shows in 1,500 to 2,000 capacity venues. 2012’s tour hit over 33 major markets throughout the U.S. and Canada, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Nashville.
This year’s edition of The Revival Tour kicks off on March 15th in Corpus Christi, TX and features Dave Hause of The Loved Ones, Streetlight Manifesto frontman Toh Kay (a.k.a. Tomas Kalnoky), Bedouin Soundclash’s Jay Malinowski, Rise Against frontman Tim McIlrath, LA’s Jenny O., Matt Pryor of The Get Up Kids, Americana singer/songwriter and original tour organizer Chuck Ragan, Seattle-based singer/songwriter Rocky Votolato, and NJ-based singer/songwriter Jenny Owen Youngs.
The Revival Tour will be coming to SXSW on March 16th with performances by Chris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional, The Drowning Men, Glossary, Possessed by Paul James, Valerie June, Austin Lucas, Matt Pryor of The Get Up Kids, Chuck Ragan, Frank Turner, Rocky Votolato, and Jenny Owen Youngs.
THE REVIVAL TOUR-2012 COLLECTIONS
1. bad man by cory branan
2. waiting by myself by dan andriano featuring dave hause
3. pointing west by joe ginsberg
4. field holler by chuck ragan
5. eager by the wheel
6. the river beside your house by jon gaunt
7. for you by corey howe
8. t-rex t-shirt by adam faucett
9. western by joshua black wilkins
10. back in the sand by billy the kid
11. whiskey by billy + joe
12. always by greenland is melting
13. clouded glass by brian mcgee
14. driver pull by tim barry
15. time will tell by dave hause
16. ordinary man by anthony da costa
17. sleep machine (acoustic) by jenny owen youngs
1. cruel by the parkington sisters
2. hotter than july by leonard lashley
3. wildcard by northcote
4. jeremiah’s blues by craig finn
5. where the summer goes by kayleigh goldsworthy
6. for fiona by tim mcilrath featuring jon snodgrass
7. fahrenheit 451 by bob nanna
8. nevada county line by austin lucas
9. makers mark by lizzie huffman
10. band of buskers by tim pennington
11. run child run by water tower
12. fool’s gold by rocky votolato
13. i was walking through a dream by jay malinowski & the deadcoast
14. disappear by emily barker & the red clay halo
15. it tastes bitter by jimmy islip featuring jon snodgrass
16. little demons by helen chambers